Swallowing is something that most of us never think about as we effortlessly swallow 2000 times a day. However, millions of people have difficulty swallowing, called dysphagia (“dis-fay-ja”).
Do you experience….
- Difficulty eating your favorite foods and drinks?
- Frequent coughing or choking during meals?
- Foods or pills getting stuck in your throat?
If so, you may have dysphagia (difficulty swallowing), which is a treatable condition.
Jen Carter, a Denver speech pathologist who specializes in swallowing difficulty, uses multiple state-of- the-art treatments to help patients get back to eating and drinking what they enjoy.
Some of these advanced therapies, which are available at few facilities in the Rocky Mountain region, include:
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)“VitalStim” therapy
- McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program (MDTP)™
- Surface electromyography (sEMG) biofeedback
- Myofascial release and laryngeal (throat) massage
- Isometric progressive resistance oropharyngeal (I-PRO) therapy
Medicare and Private Insurance accepted.
The Carter Swallowing Center is conveniently located near several medical facilities in Englewood, CO and provides swallowing therapy to patients from all parts of Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region.
Are you from outside of Colorado and looking for dysphagia treatment options? Give us a call, and we can discuss how receiving treatment at the Carter Swallowing Center may be possible for you.